Sean and Becks quit Peak FM

Discussion in 'Chesterfield Discussion' started by kingkobra74, Feb 19, 2014.

1. kingkobra74

kingkobra74 Local

Just reading Facebook that they have quit at Peak FM to go work in Hull.

The fact that they didn't mention anything, and they are just 'gone' says the management only found out today, and spat the dummy out. 'If you want to leave, then don't bother coming in in the morning'

2. lucygen

lucygen Local

OOooo - Aren't they supposed to be a favourite with listeners?

3. kingkobra74

kingkobra74 Local

Your definition of 'quit' must be different to mine then.

4. Smeat

Smeat Moderator

Sounds like they have quit to me.

5. kingkobra74

kingkobra74 Local

Sorry, but that is really clutching at straws. UTV-Bauer is a multiplex, so we're talking hardware here. The multiplex is jointly owned by UTV and Bauer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_% ... _Multiplex)

Anyway, I turned on Peak FM this morning and funnily enough, Sean and Becky weren't there, and Becky said her goodbyes. Sean wasn't allowed to go into the station. Smacks of the management having a paddy about them wanting to leave.

6. Smeat

Smeat Moderator

Yep... definitely sounds like they quit to me.

7. k4blades

k4blades Well-Known Member

Who cares. ;)
    I don't listen to local radio, its usually radio 2 for me. There was outrage when Wogan left, the world would end it seemed. Now, his replacement, Chris Evans, has the biggest audience figures for any radio show in Europe apparently.

8. lucygen

lucygen Local

Well I hope they really do have an offer, & it wasn't just a ploy for a wage increase! :|

9. Slacker

Slacker Local

Mostly Radio 2 for me if I'm out of reach of Planet Rock on internet radio.

Gave up on Peak years ago. It started off a descent community station with people like Dave Kilner and Rod Bearney but became just part of a bigger organisation

10. lucygen

lucygen Local

I don't really listen to the radio but when I do it's the classic station to relax & chill......

11. jcrofts60

jcrofts60 Member

Don't mind her...but he will be no loss, he's so far up his own backside. I stopped listening some time ago as I can't be doing with him.

12. kingkobra74

kingkobra74 Local

Depends what you call regularly. Only ever have the radio on when alarm goes off, or when in the car. Always tuned to Peak unless I'm out of area.

13. chambta

chambta Local

I listen to them for five minutes on my 'commute' to work in the morning. I can also pick up Viking FM in the car should I want to.

But I won't.

14. firefly9

firefly9 New Member

Thank god. Most amateur radio show ever. Both ridiculous presenters. They may have raised money for charity but their show was an absolute joke. And not the ha ha kind.

15. lucygen

lucygen Local

I'm not being provocative - but he's probably told you his side of the issue. I'm not saying it isn't 'true', but unless all the sides are known no-one will know for sure; & no-one's talking.....

16. jcrofts60

jcrofts60 Member

Becky was actually on Peak before Shaun, I remember Peak Fm breakfast with Becky Measures and Rob Bernie. I met Rob he was a really nice guy...but he disappeared without trace as most presenters suddenly do. That's one thing about peak i have never liked, people get used to a presenter and when they leave they never announce it til someone new takes over their show.
    As with the case of Sean & Becky sounds like it's Peak again who didn't allow them a final goodbye... shame on them really.
    I realize that Sean did do a lot of work for local charities etc, good on him...but as a radio presenter, i stand by my earlier post, never had a problem with Becky but personally i thought that Sean was arrogant. Couldn't always be doing with him so switched over to capital Fm.

17. kingkobra74

kingkobra74 Local

Sean posted his 'farewell' video on his Facebook page. Again, pretty much confirms our suspicions. Think it's a bit poor of Peak to do so, but I guess most other companies would do the same thing if they had an employee going to a competitor, especially as there doesn't seem to be any issue picking up Viking in Chesterfield.

18. kromercap

kromercap Member

Oh good. Glad it's not just me who thought that.
    I've often been forced to listen to their drivel at work when it was on the factory radio.

Could never quite figure out if they were deliberately "dumbing down" to suit their audience, or if they really were that thick.

Either way, I'm sure they will be replaced with someone equally inane...

kromercap.

19. lucygen

lucygen Local

....erm :erm: when you read my posts, I'm deliberately 'dumbing down' - especially when I post about techie stuff! :whistle: :lol2:

20. kingkobra74

kingkobra74 Local

I think they catered for what the majority wanted first thing in the morning. Just a bit of fun to help with getting you ready for another day. They usually managed to get me to crack a smile.

I guess it's a bit like expecting Top Gear to be a serious car show.

21. Slacker

Slacker Local

Rob Birnie was at Planet Rock byt he's moved on again

Didn't Becky move from backroom staff to just making occasional appearances to start with?